Happy New Year!
Cannot believe 2017 is already here. So many goals to accomplish and I wish you all many blessings!
For my first blog of 2017, I wanted to show you my favorite recipe I’ve been cooking for the past few months – coconut chicken curry.
Believe it or not, I’ve only been to one Indian restaurant in my entire life but I’ve always loved the smell and taste of curry but wanted to put my own spin on it. I feel like I’ve perfected my recipe.
I added coconut milk because it adds a really subtle warmness and flavor to the bold, spiciness to the curry. I was lucky enough to score authentic Jamaican curry powder from the islands thanks to my parents- they visited Jamaica for a wedding and spices were my only request.
Prep time: 15 min Cook time: 1 hour
- 2lbs chicken breast
- Red & green bell peppers, diced
- Diced onion
- Minced garlic
- Potatoes, skinned & cubed
- Curry powder (I don’t really measure how much lol I go by taste. Guessing, I probably use a couple tablespoons)
- Water, about a cup
- Coconut milk
- Olive oil, two tablespoons
- First you want to sauté your veggies and garlic in olive oil just until your onions become transparent, then add your chicken
- Once your chicken is done, add your curry powder, water, and coconut milk to taste. You want it to look like the pic above.
- I cook mine on low for 45 minutes so the chicken becomes tender and the flavors mesh together perfectly. I also add Sriracha for more spice and corn starch if I feel the consistency isn’t right.
I like my curry nice and thick. Serve warm with white or brown rice.